Church Planted Needed in Honduras
General Baptist International Ministries (GBIM) has an immediate opening for a Church Planter in Honduras. The role of church planter will be to facilitate the development of churches to include the opening of new churches, leadership training, pastoral training, facilitate the purchase of property and secure land titles, christian education development, associational development and all aspects of national church development.
- work in conjunction with national pastors and church leaders to establish a comprehensive vision for the church planting work.
- work to establish General Baptist churches in all areas but especially in areas of strategic growth.
- help newly opened churches (campo blancos) to secure property, property rights and property title if available.
- help churches develop a program of Christian education.
- help churches determine and facilitate possibilities of community development.
- coordinate church capital improvement projects with the ministry development volunteer and MVP Director.
- serve as field leader for all church related MVP teams and coordinate MVP food distribution programs in areas of established churches, campo blancos and targeted growth areas.
- develop a system to discover and prepare a program of discipleship that is equipping future leaders for churches and campo blancos.
- develop a coordinated system of pastoral development within the framework of General Baptist International and ethnic ministries.
- visit all churches and campo blancos on a timely, regular and systematic schedule. This ministry requires hours of difficult travel!
- work to establish systems of ordination.
- establish associational systems of development and organize local associations.
- promote regional and national church life including youth, women’s and men’s organizations.
- promote and encourage the work of Faith Home.
The idea candidate for this position would be a pastor with several years of experience, missionary training and/or experience preferred but not required. The candidate must be willing to develop ministry partners for spiritual and financial support.If interested submit a resume to GBIM, 100 Stinson Dr., Poplar Bluff, MO 63901 or contact Mark Powell, GBIM Director.