We are working to partner with our sister churches in Honduras to help them accomplish their capital improvement goals. Pete Leija has graciously volunteered to coordinate these improvements with various Mission One teams in cooperation with our Mission One coordinator Jim Pratt. We are looking for a minimum of a 20% (Honduran part in the project) to 80% (Mission One part in the project). Actual percentages will be determined on a case by case basis as not all of our churches are the same economically or have the same set of skilled workers within the church. Please look these over and contact Pete or Kris about a possible project for your church or team!
Tegucigalpa: The Central District of Honduras
Tegucigalpa is the capital of Honduras and is an important part of our church planting efforts and strategy. At one time, this was the fastest growing district of our Honduran work, but it lost momentum due to lack of support and leadership issues. Today things are looking improved for this area and it would be a great location for your team ministry. This would be a good place for your teams 20/80 partnership. There are currently 2 churches in the central district.
Leadership: Pablo and church board
This church was at one time our best church in Honduras. Having gone through some difficult days the church has renewed hope because of recent team activity and leadership.
32 members active
- Active Church at present time, they also occupy neighboring building which will be coming up for sale.
- The neighboring buildings are owned by Movimieto de Mujeres Por La Paz Visitacion Padilla.
- Front door needs repairing.
- Water lines need repaired for running water for toilet
- Roof needs some repair.
- There are some concerns about securing the deed for this property.
Church has renewed hope because of recent team activity.
- Big concern is the deed (1st 2 churches started and no documents of ownership)
- Church is small and can’t expand due to size
- Would like to add building, but not until property deed is complete.
Danli: Southeastern District of Honduras
The Churches in the southeast are very appreciative of recent team activity in their area and pray they will continue to come in the future. Learn more of our churches in southeastern Honduras and possibilities for your group to do a 20/80 partnership with them! There are 2 churches and 2 open works/preaching points (campo blancos).
New Jerusalem Church (Las Perlas):
Pastor: Pastor (yes that is his real name)
New Jerusalem Church is located in a small community next to the public elementary school. It has 25 to 30 in attendance and is ready to continue the Lord’s work. Pastor Pastor has been one of our most faithful workers over the years. The community around the church and school has become a better community over the years due to the influence of church and school. This church is in need of:
- Floor tile in one room approx. 8×16
- Wall finish in two rooms 8×16
- Light fixtures and entire church needs re-wiring
Mountain Group: Newly opened work (campo blanco)
Pastor: Pastor also has mountain group that he visits regularly.
Church has around 40 members and many children. Church is in need of expansion.
- This Church is full to the max, and has no place for youth or children’s ministry.
- They are asking for help for a lean to (this would be excellent for one of the church roof tops we have but must be moved from Faith Home and put up).
Santa Maria: campo blanco
Group will grow when a location is found. Properties are available.
Contact Mission One director Jim Pratt or Ministry Development coordinator Pete Leija to partner with one of these projects.