Republic of Honduras
Our ministry in Honduras is focused on establishing and developing churches and an orphanage ministry called Faith Home. We are blessed to be part of such a significant ministry in Central America. Pray for us as we minister to orphans and plant churches throughout Honduras.
Area: 112,088 sq km
A mountainous land with rain forests and fertile coastal plains on the Caribbean and Pacific coasts.
Population: 7,615,584 Annual Growth: 2.01%
Official language: Spanish. Other language English on the northern coast Languages: 13 All languages
Largest Religion: Christian
|Religion||Pop %||Ann Gr|
Challenges for Prayer
- Pray for our churches and pastors as they continue to preach the good news of Jesus Christ. Pray for them as they move through the progress of leadership training, pastoral ordination, establishing churches and new works and forming an association.
- Pray for Faith Home, its staff and the children who reside there. Pray that we may instill them with faith toward God and that they will learn to love God with all their hearts and their neighbor as themselves.
- Pray for unity and cooperation among various denominations within the growing evangelical community.
- Pray for an end to extreme poverty, homelessness, and drug addiction among urban children.
- Pray for truth and justice to prevail over government corruption.
Faith Home is a General Baptist ministry providing a safe and healthy place to love and raise children who were neglected, abandoned, and abused.
Faith Home consists of a 50 acre campus near San Pedro Sula, Honduras. On this campus, 10 homes have been constructed to provide housing for the children. Married, Honduran, Christian couples have been hired to live in each home and provide the day to day care. These house parents, and their own children, provide the foundation for the family unit in each home.
A school, Little Angels, has been constructed and staffed with full-time teachers to educate the children. More recently, we have added a computer lab and hired a part-time teacher to oversee the lab.
Our current missionary to Honduras is Christina Massey.
Danli: Southeastern District of Honduras
The Churches in the southeast are very appreciative of recent team activity in their area and pray they will continue to come in the future. Learn more of our churches in southeastern Honduras and possibilities for your group to do a 20/80 partnership with them! There are 2 churches and 2 open works/preaching points (campo blancos).
New Jerusalem Church (Las Perlas):
Pastor: Pastor (yes that is his real name)
New Jerusalem Church is located in a small community next to the public elementary school. It has 25 to 30 in attendance and is ready to continue the Lord’s work. Pastor Pastor has been one of our most faithful workers over the years. The community around the church and school has become a better community over the years due to the influence of church and school. This church is in need of:
- Floor tile in one room approx. 8×16
- Wall finish in two rooms 8×16
- Light fixtures and entire church needs re-wiring
Mountain Group: Newly opened work (campo blanco)
Pastor: Pastor also has mountain group that he visits regularly.
Church has around 40 members and many children. Church is in need of expansion.
- This Church is full to the max, and has no place for youth or children’s ministry.
- They are asking for help for a lean to (this would be excellent for one of the church roof tops we have but must be moved from Faith Home and put up).
Santa Maria: campo blanco
Group will grow when a location is found. Properties are available.
Contact Mission One director Jim Pratt or Ministry Development coordinator Pete Leija to partner with one of these projects.
Tegucigalpa is the capital of Honduras and is an important part of our church planting efforts and strategy. At one time, this was the fastest growing district of our Honduran work, but it lost momentum due to lack of support and leadership issues. Today things are looking improved for this area and it would be a great location for your team ministry. This would be a good place for your teams 20/80 partnership. There are currently 2 churches in the central district.
Leadership: Pablo and church board
This church was at one time our best church in Honduras. Having gone through some difficult days the church has renewed hope because of recent team activity and leadership.
32 members active
- Active Church at present time, they also occupy neighboring building which will be coming up for sale.
- The neighboring buildings are owned by Movimieto de Mujeres Por La Paz Visitacion Padilla.
- Front door needs repairing.
- Water lines need repaired for running water for toilet
- Roof needs some repair.
- There are some concerns about securing the deed for this property.
Church has renewed hope because of recent team activity.
- Big concern is the deed (1st 2 churches started and no documents of ownership)
- Church is small and can’t expand due to size
- Would like to add building, but not until property deed is complete.