Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
General Baptists have been serving on the island of Saipan for many years. We are pleased to be able to partner with the Saipan Community Church and the Saipan Community School. This has been a great partnership for us and we look forward to many more years of service in Saipan.
Area: 477 sq km
A chain of 14 volcanic and coralline islands 650 km north of Guam. The southernmost islands, Saipan, Tinian and Rota, are the largest and most important economically.
Population: 88,409 Annual Growth: 1.97%
Official language: Chamorro; Carolinian; English Languages: 7 All languages
Largest Religion: Christian
|Religion||Pop %||Ann Gr|
Challenges for Prayer
a) Pray for the Saipan Community Church and School that God will allow them to continue to “reach an island to bless the world.” Prayer for those who call Saipan home and those guest workers who will someday go home that they all may be touched by God’s grace.
b) Bible translation. Pray for the completion of the Chamorro NT and for translation to commence in the two Carolinian languages. Little or no progress has been made recently.
Currently our interim pastor on Saipan is Glenn and Linda Jenkins.
A Pastor for Saipan Community Church is needed immediately.
Saipan Community Church also sponsors the Saipan Community School a K-Grade 8 School.
The ideal candidate:
- Will have a living, vibrant testimony of faith in Jesus Christ.
- Be a spiritually mature individual.
- Have a sense of call to this ministry.
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree with an advanced degree preferred.
- Have at least 5 years of pastor experience with senior pastor experience in a multi staff church preferred.
- Experience with Christian schools is preferred but not necessary.
- The pastor at Saipan Community Church must feel comfortable around people of influence since he may be asked at times to represent the church and community in various appointed capacities.
If interested please submit a resume to GBIM, 100 Stinson Dr., Poplar Bluff, MO 63901.